5 Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs An Online Presence In 2016
WHY YOUR SMALL BUSINESS NEEDS AN ONLINE PRESENCE.
Working hard to kick-start and push your business is good, but not enough to grow your business in this modern business age. Having an online presence means setting up a virtual version of your business, with a welcoming, informative website, and active social media profiles. In this electronic era, more people search online for the products and services, hence staying relevant online are of a great benefit to your business in the following ways:
- Makes You Visible to the Business World: Google is the dictionary of any information you might need, hence, if your business is easy to find on the internet chances are they will trust you. Having a website lets your customers know that you do exist and you are part of the world. In doing so, you make your information known to the world in the easiest and fastest time.
- Makes You Know Your Level of Competition: Having an online presence helps you understand how to leverage social media and search engines to get the word out about your business and know more about your competitors’ products and services. This way, you know their strengths as against yours and as such, you can compete effectively against a new generation of competitors.
- Generates New Leads: There is only so much the word of mouth can do in helping to boost your business. However, having an online presence will make your business reach the farthest corners of the earth, so long as the internet works. This ultimately brings your business to the face of everyone and anyone.
- It Builds Your Brand: Brand building involves building a potential customer’s trust in your company or product hence, having an online presence gives a customer easy access to your brand. Online reviews, interactions with other customers and other online forms of engagement go a long way to forming positive impressions about your company in the potential customer’s mind, making a future sale highly probable.
- Seamless Marketing: It is a well-known marketing fact that people like to buy but don’t like to be sold. However, having an online presence makes marketing your business much easier and far more reaching, as it allows for a wider, cost-effective distribution as opposed to traditional marketing. Directing all of your customers to your website where you can promote deals/offers in coupons, new offers, etc also helps increase sales.
Don’t just stick in the rut and promote your business using only the traditional methods. Break out, take it a notch higher and let your business get an online recognition. Do this today, and watch your business grow in leaps and bounds, most importantly a high ROI.
Written by: Damilola Agboola
Oluwadamilola is a dynamic personality, a versatile, creative, and an extraordinary professional who gives her best to whatsoever she sets out to do.